Monday, June 4, 2007

We have less than a month to go...

So we are into the home stretch now. The family will be in Pullman on the 26th of this month and I, for one, cannot wait. After yesterday's drive across Washington on the hottest day of the year, I am more than ready for them to join me over here. Yesterday's drive was crazy, it was over 90 from Issaquah to Colfax and it was steamy when I got here. Throw in a brush fire/car-b-que that was happening outside Vantage, and you have a kind of exciting drive. Oh wait, from Vantage to Pullman, nothing happened, check that, it was not an exciting drive at all.

I did get to finish a great novel about the early '80's called Good Faith, by Jane Smiley. It was just a really entertaining way to pass the time as I drove back and forth. Good characters, that you could get invested in and it ended very well. I was quite happy to have finally listened to all SIXTEEN hours of it.

Anywho, I will only have to make that drive three or four more times (as it relates to this move) so I am very happy about that. This week I am commuting to work by bicycle, this town is very hilly and is at 2500' which makes your one-lunged host feel VERY out of shape. My commute time tonight on the way home, 15 minutes.

No comments: