Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Holidays

Christmas was spent in Pasco at the Graber Family Compound. It really isn't a compound of any sort, I just wanted to say that. We returned to Pullman on the 26th to find 2' of drifted snow in our driveway. I had to shovel the drive just to get the van out of the garage. Then we noticed the 6' snow drifts in the backyard. Needless to say, that snow is still around and doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon.

Our neighbor came over whilst I was shoveling the driveway, and asked if I wanted to borrow his 20 year old snow blower (they just got a new one). Now, I am a lot of things, but I don't think that stupid is one of them, so I graciously accepted his offer. A couple of days later he just told me to keep it in our garage for the season, as he said, 'there are some years you don't need a snow blower in Pullman...this is not one of those years'.

By my estimates, we have received 40" of snow at our house since Thanksgiving, and more is falling tonight. On average, Pullman gets about 30" of snow a year.

I like being above average.

No comments: