Saturday, April 14, 2007

And so it goes...

Well, we have arrived at that time in the story where I leave for Pullman. I will be heading over tomorrow morning; finding our mini-storage, finding the the townhouse I'm renting a room in, and getting my bearings in Pullman. I cannot believe that this time has passed by so quickly, this has been an amazingly fast time to me. It seriously seems like just yesterday I was heading out of town on a Sunday afternoon to head over for my interview, and that was over a month ago. I am really excited about this opportunity and this change in our lives. I mean, who from the Seattle area can't get excited about the prospect of a 5-10 minute commute?

Both Amy and I had the chance to volunteer at Woodside this week. It was really great to be able to see Max in that environment and to finally meet all the kids he's been talking about for the past months.

I also had the distinct pleasure, with my friends Tom and Mike, of replacing a fence post yesterday in the rain. The best part was when we had to move the shed in order to get the post, that was awesome. In our new house, I think I am going to subscribe to the 'free-range' kid theory. No fences mean no fence posts to replace.

No comments: