Friday, April 20, 2007

What a difference a week makes...

My apologies for not posting sooner, but it has been a week that I won't soon forget.

I spent 5+ hours driving to Pullman last Sunday, nearly getting nabbed for speeding near Khalotus, and fighting all the Mom's Weekend traffic on Highway 26. That was fun. Then I had to stumble around the town finding mini storage and the house I am living in. That last bit was a challenge since I had written down the address wrong. Fortunately, the guy that I am renting from saw me wandering about and came out in the driveway to flag me down.

The first week of work was excellent. I really enjoy the work and the people are great. The town is nice and quiet, and the scenery in the area is really something. Especially for a kid whose always lived in the Seattle area.

It really hit me that I was in a TOTALLY different place as I was walking across campus on Monday or Tuesday and there was Martin Stadium and, next to that, there was the WSU track team practicing. That really drove the point home that I wasn't Kansas anymore.

There will be more later this weekend. Posting during the week is a little difficult as I don't have a PC or a net connection where I am living. I'll figure something out.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Yeah, you made it! Congrats to you and your whole family on this exciting new adventure.