Friday, April 27, 2007

Cross State Commuting

Well, week two is in the books and I have survived another fun filled drive from Pullman to Bothell. I make a big deal about my (daily) commute being only 15 minutes. What I fail to mention is that I get to spend 5 hours on Fridays and Sundays commuting back to Bothell. The thing that hits me, as I hit Issaquah, is just how much I dislike Seattle drivers and traffic. I cannot wait until we are all moved over there and I can stop this madness.

That said, I will miss Seattle radio quite a lot. Radio, as a general rule, is pretty terrible everywhere. Good radio programs are few and far between, especially on the commerical side of the fence. But, you quickly forget just how lucky we are in the Seattle market to have so many 'quality' stations to choose from. In Pullman, I have found three and two of those are broadcasting from Spokane. I am quite happy that I get to listen to the RadioMen program on KKZX in mornings. This is a quality radio show that reminds me what morning drive radio can be, without all the crap you find littering most markets. Between RadioMen and the KPBX broadcast of NPR, my 15 minute commute isn't too bad.

More on all the other stuff that's happening around here later in the weekend...

No comments: