Tuesday, June 19, 2007

There is never a good time...

The situation with my Dad isn't getting better so we are preparing to say goodbye to him. There is no good time for something like this to happen, but with all the move related stuff that is going on I really haven't had time to dwell on it. We are doing what is right for my father and, frankly, that is all that matters at this point.

The BBQ was awesome. We had so much fun, and the kids just about exploded with all the fun they had. I think it was Annika's best day ever, she would not stop laughing and running around. It was wonderful to see all the people and get a chance to talk to everyone. I know that we will be back for visits and all, but it was just a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. The best thing of all was that the rain held off until after everyone had left, that was amazing.

OK, that was actually the second best thing. The best thing was the GIGANTIC stainless steel grill that Amy got me for Father's Day. I was stressing all week about just how we were going to cook for all these guests, and I had worked out a loan deal with my brother and my neighbor, but I was still having a hard time with the logistics. Then I get home on Friday to find this sitting in my side yard. I have the best wife in the whole world, that is an indisputable fact.

Special thanks to Jill and Coug for overseeing the food and to Sammy and Sara for overseeing the kids.

Yes, pictures will be forthcoming on the weekend.

No comments: